[csw-maintainers] Further improvements to our website

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Jun 6 15:39:32 CEST 2011

2011/6/6 Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org>:
> * Maciej Blizi??ski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> I've installed our apache, php and mysql.  I can run phpinfo() - it
>> works.  What doesn't work, is installing mantis.  When enter the top
>> level link, I'm redirected to admin/install.php, and all I see is a
>> blank page.
>
> I ran into the same issue. Tried Mantis 1.2.5 (latest) and 1.2.4 (just
> to double check) and it wasn't until I hit admin/check.php that I saw
> session module related errors. Installing the PHP5 session module helped
> in my case.
>
>  pkgutil -i php5_session
>
> Can you check whether it does the job for you too? If so, I am going to
> uninstall it again on my box, verify the issue, and report a bug
> upstream.

Yes, that was the problem.  I wouldn't think that you could suppress
error reporting to such a high degree.  I understand that it makes
sense to suppress errors sent to the browser - you might want to avoid
revealing internal server information.  But why suppress errors sent
to a log file?

Thanks for the help!