[csw-maintainers] Idea for a new check: binary name conflicts

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jun 13 00:11:42 CEST 2011

2011/6/12 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> In the case of CUPS, I have removed the stock Solaris printing
> packages, so /usr/bin/lp and others were removed from the system.

waitaminit... do you mean that in your cups package, you *force*
removal of the solaris printing packages?
without giving the user/admin a choice?
Didnt we have a policy discussion about this sort of thing a while back?
I dont remember the exact details, but I thought the general result
was that we should try to give the user a choice in the matter.