[csw-maintainers] Idea for a new check: binary name conflicts

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Jun 13 02:37:53 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sun Jun 12 18:11:42 -0400 2011:
>
>> waitaminit... do you mean that in your cups package, you *force*
>> removal of the solaris printing packages?
>> without giving the user/admin a choice?
>
> I read that as 'on my systems, I...'

I understood that as an additional possibility.  But even if that is
so, accomodations need to be made for those who dont do that.

Contrariwise, if "we" are going to take the attitude of, "we wont make
you remove the solaris ones, but things wont really work properly if
you dont", then we probably should have a "remove sol lp, or quit
installation" catch in the package, I would think.