[csw-maintainers] proposal

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Sat Jun 18 22:15:26 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 20:51, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Sat Jun 18 11:21:55 -0400 2011:
>
> Hi Rupert,
>
> > how much benefit does this give that it is enabled like this? it
> > looks very "spammy" to me and takes up half of my laptop screen ...
>
> Sorry about this.  Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about
> it.  If you have a wikidot account (Peter Bonivart can help you with
> that), you don't see the ads.  I forget that they're even there until
> things like this happen.

this is the first thing people see if they come to the opencsw wiki ... and
i am really wondering if opencsw or the server operator has some financial
benefit? if not, i would strongly advocate to switch this off. if its built
into the wiki software, then switch to a reasonable wiki, like
http://moinmo.in or mediawiki, or redmine, or whatever.

rupert.