[csw-maintainers] experimental: subversion --> git, mercurial

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 19 17:56:25 CEST 2011

Hi Rupert,

* rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org> wrote:
>    as an experiment, i tried to convert the subversion gar repository to git
>    and mercurial:
>    Â *Â [1]http://code.google.com/p/gar/Â (hg)
>     * [2]https://github.com/opencsw/gar (git)
>    where i was aware of a user name i entered you as owner as well.
>    what i am not sure is how to handle externals and patches onto them

to clarify, you are referring to the gar/ subtree (not the pkg/ subtree
which is also hosted in the GAR repo currently), right?

Regarding externals, there's mgar, a wrapper around GAR which doesn't
rely on svn:externals [1,2]. It currently pulls gar/ from our subversion
repository and I could adjust it to pull from git instead (if folks
around here deem it useful to have gar/ hosted in a git repo).

Sebastian

[1] http://wiki.opencsw.org/gar-wrapper
[2] http://www.opencsw.org/packages/mgar/