[csw-maintainers] [POLICY] opencsw-policy: The copyright notice

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 2 15:27:03 CET 2011

* James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On 02/03/11, 09:39:29, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote
> regarding Re: [csw-maintainers] [POLICY] opencsw-policy: The copyright
> notice:
>
> > > Would a supporter please explain which parts of GPL help in defining a
> > > policy document?
>
> > http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2011-March/014269.html
>
> http://lists.opencsw.org/pipermail/maintainers/2011-February/014062.html

Citing from above:

  "This is a false choice. Most of the policies we need, we already have
  written up."

Would you honestly second that our policy is near complete and that we
could not possibly make use of policy bits which have been distilled
over time within a project that is noticably larger than ours?

Even, if you do think so. Would you object to use GPL if someone else
(i.e. Maciej) was working on the policy and found it helpful to
integrate some Debian policy bits? If so, why? Where's the harm?

Sebastian