[csw-maintainers] [GAR] libdir vs BUILD64

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Mar 7 03:52:45 CET 2011

Excerpts from Maciej Bliziński's message of Sat Mar 05 05:52:13 -0500 2011:

Hi Maciej,

> libdir = $(prefix)/lib/foo
>
> It works for the 32-bit build. When BUILD64 is set to 1, libdir is
> apparently reset to /opt/csw/lib/sparcv9:
>
> /opt/csw/lib/sparcv9/liblightcomp.so
>
> What's the proper way of handling custom libdir for 64-bit builds?

A quick skim of the gar code for the relocations makes me wonder if
this is a glitch related to the merge-relocated* targets and the
mergebase function?  I'm not very familiar with this area though, so
Dago would be a better person to ask.

Thanks