[csw-maintainers] checkpkg plugins

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 8 02:22:34 CET 2011

Excerpts from Maciej Bliziński's message of Mon Mar 07 03:22:56 -0500 2011:

Hi Maciej,

> It is possible to fit a plugin architecture into the existing code,
> if communication paths are provided.  I could imagine a bit of
> Python code which would wrap plugins from a certain directory, and
> took the responsibility of communicating with them.

Yes, I it could be made to work.  That would more tightly couple
checkpkg to GAR though (at least in the sense that checkpkg would
expect to be told where plugins live).  If this were to be
implemented, the packages themselves should carry the plugin code so
that it could be verified outside of the GAR/build context.  Does that
make sense to you?  (Note that I'm not really pushing for this, just
discussing the idea.)

Thanks