[csw-maintainers] pkg.opencsw.org

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Mar 8 22:29:38 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> If so, then wouldnt it make sense to "move" it to be
>> pkgbrowser
>>
>> ?
>> (and then make links at the top level , http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/ , for it?)
>
> No, because the longterm idea is to have a general package browser to
> dive into every package. But as we don't have this neatly ATM it is
> implemented as experimental feature for maintainers only on buildfarm.
> Does that make sense?

your explanation, explains how things came to be this way.
however, no, I dont think it "makes sense" to leave it this way.

I think that at minimum, buildfarm.opencsw.org should have a link, to
(whereever it is currently functioning)
If it needs to be adjusted later, then lets adjust it later. but
meanwhile, lets update it to how things are "for now" ?

In my opinion, best to keep the code "portable", and move it over to
buildfarm. then, when and if pkg.opencsw.org is ready to run it on
"every package", then copy it back and activate it over there as well.

If pkg.opencsw.org is meant to be for currently released packages,
then there is a problem with having
pkg.opencsw.org/pkgbrowser work on  [not released packages].

I think that it is useful to have it for released pacakges, and it is
also useful to have it for experimental.
So its not a matter of picking one OR the other. Lets have it work
whereever it is functional?