[csw-maintainers] Takout of -norunpath / -xnorunpath in GAR

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 10 15:04:37 CET 2011

Dear maintainers,

after a lot of trouble in different packages I decided to take out
 -norunpath
 -xnorunpath
from the GAR defaults. The problem is that the flags must be applied
during linkage ("LDFLAGS") and unfortunately there are a number of
different linkers available like "cc", "CC" and "ld" which all take
different flags and GAR has no way of knowing which one is used.

If the "forbidden pathes" error from checkpkg occurs I suggest
using the appropriate flag in
 EXTRA_LINKER_FLAGS

The change is in effect since r13727.