[csw-maintainers] Obsoleting packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Mar 10 18:05:07 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Wed Mar 09 17:51:13 -0500 2011:
>
>> if you have CSWoldpkg, and CSWnewpkg, and they both have the same
>> files...  you cant register "newpkg" until "oldpkg" has been cleaned
>> out of the collision database!
>
> Which is a trivial sql query, no?

Because of  the automated "block ACCIDENTAL file collisions" checks,
every single rename is a manual decision at the moment.

Although I suppose I can do something with the "i obsoletes" file. But
I also need to spend some time to make sure that any such automated
replace, is a **safe** automated replace. It needs safeguards.
That will take me finding some quiet time for coding.