[csw-maintainers] Fwd: help needed for subversion ...

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Mar 17 14:22:48 CET 2011

Hi Rupert,

From: "rupert THURNER" <rupert.thurner at gmail.com>
> i wanted to do an emergency build of subversion, as there is a remote denial of service possibility only requiring read permission, see http://subversion.apache.org/security/CVE-2011-0715-advisory.txt.
>
> after getting checkpkg errors, i tried to spin a
> $ SKIPTEST=1 gmake repackage remerge
> quickly ... but the checkpkg errors stayed the same.

The order is reversed :-) Try
  gmake remerge && gmake repackage

> so i do a replatform again and will look in two days :) if somebody would have time to spin it as well, or look earlier than i can, i'd be very glad.
>
> for checkpkg:
> would it be a possibility to do one of (1) use automatically the "old" gar version so it reliably builds, or (2) enable a continuous integration build so a gar change immediately lets the build of subversion fail?

This would of course be possible but it would not be good: the udpated
checkpkg catches much more errors and when they show up it usually means
the package needs more fixing instead of "please let me release what was
thought to be good yesterday".