[csw-maintainers] *automated* firefox4 wrapper: RFC

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Mar 22 19:21:25 CET 2011

Hi folks,

I just put together a wrapper that automatically downloads the
"contrib" firefox4 package from mozilla, and then extracts it and
configures it to use CSW libraries, instead of the ones side-bundled
with the package.

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental/phil/firefox4_installer

Please give me some feedback on it.
So far, "it works for me". Tested on a new box that had nothing but
pkg-get on it.
(it pulls in required CSW packages, if missing)

If it looks good to others, I'll announce it on the users list.

I'm kindasorta tempted to make a package for it... but I dunno.

(Hmm. I suppose I might even go further and have it bootstrap, even if
there is no /opt/csw whatsoever.
 Whaddya think?)