[csw-maintainers] introducing csw-upload-pkg

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue May 10 18:41:50 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Tue May 10 12:01:13 -0400 2011:

> Not every issue is worth voting about. But some are. As such, I
> think there should be some kind of official trigger for the
> dissenting voice(s) to be able to start a vote on a policy/release
> toolchain issue.

This is all well and good, but it's a tangential issue to what we're
proposing here.  Replacing a human release manager with csw-upload-pkg
does not strictly require changes to other day-to-day activities aside
from how packages are pushed for release.  It's a change in workflow.

Policy discussions, resolutions and changes to checkpkg to reflect the
former can happen as they have been or we can implement stricter
controls (sob/ab, etc).  I'm not against standardizing how changes
happen, but it's a side issue.

Thanks