[csw-maintainers] Spaces in the prototype

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat May 21 14:32:15 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 21.05.2011 um 12:58 schrieb Maciej Bliziński:
> 2011/5/21 John Ellson <ellson at opencsw.org>:
>> So after getting stuck on the graphviz-2.28 perl binding, I was
>> wondering if it was perhaps a swig issue,
>> so I started a swig upgrade.... but that dies during the merge phase.

The merge phase worked perfectly. This is in the invocation of 'pkgmk'.

>> It appears that the merge scripts are not handling filenames with spaces
>> in them correctly?
>>
>> See:
>>
>> /home/ellson/mgar/pkg/swig/trunk/work/solaris9-sparc/pkgroot/opt/csw/share/doc/swig/Examples/test-suite/preproc_include*
>>
>> Advice please?
>
> I think that it's the native Solaris packaging system that is unable
> to handle file names with spaces.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/14632
>
> After excluding these files from the merge phase, pkgmk completes successfully.

No need to exclude them. You can use this snippet to replace spaces with '_':
  http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/adobereader/trunk/Makefile#L65
The ultimate solution would be a specific class action undoinng the substitution on install,
but I never ancountered a case where this was really necessary.