[csw-maintainers] graphviz-2.28 status.

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu May 26 16:08:31 CEST 2011

2011/5/26 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> Excerpts from John Ellson's message of Thu May 26 09:00:02 -0400 2011:
>
> Hi John,
>
>> Why doesn't submitpkg take care of this itself, and simply accept
>> filepaths to the packages?
>
> The most recent update of submitpkg does take paths instead of package
> names.  It was released yesterday.

Yes, sorry about that John, I myself use submitpkg directly from
subversion, so it was already true for me when I wrote the email, but
it wasn't true for you if you used submitpkg installed on the login
host.

The updated CSWcswutils (containing submitpkg) hasn't hit the mirrors
yet, once that happens we'll upgrade CSWcswutils on login, and
submitpkg will accept paths from there on.

>> Also, some programs, for example, svn and cvs for their changelogs,
>> can detect if the edit session was closed normally or aborted, and
>> then use this to decide whether to complete processing.  The
>> separate "sendmail -t < newpkgs.mail" just seems a bit unnecessary.
>
> This was an early choice that may not make sense now.  Maciej?

I might be mistaken, but I think that the way svn and others detect
that, is by looking whether the temporary file has been modified or
not.  If you quit the editor without modifying the file, the commit
operation will be aborted.  In the submitpkg case, comments are
optional, and I didn't want to make them mandatory.  I preferred to
have exact control of what is sent, and when it's sent, hence the
simple solution with sendmail -t.  I'm open to suggestions for a
workable alternative.