[csw-maintainers] GAR: Oracle Solaris Studio now ships w/ changed paths

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Mon May 30 22:35:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

this is mostly to Dago, maybe others want to chime in. I just went
through the "Getting Started" page for GAR [1] and noticed that the
Solaris Studio installer and its install destination have changed.

It's now triggered via:

    ./SolarisStudio12.2-solaris-x86-pkg-ML.sh \
        --installation-location <dest> --non-interactive

And the compiler ends up in a sub directory to <dest>, e.g.

    /opt                ->  /opt/solstudio12.2
    /opt/studio/SOS12   ->  /opt/studio/SOS12/solstudio12.2

Couldn't make it install to /opt/studio/SOSXX/SUNWspro any more, thus
the documentation for beginners would need adjustment (easy) and GAR
also. Any preferences on how should we proceed?

Sebastian

[1] https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/wiki/GarSetup