[csw-maintainers] proposed change to feeds listing

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 8 02:18:34 CET 2011

Excerpts from Sebastian Kayser's message of Mon Nov 07 11:29:18 -0500 2011:

> Thanks, Ben. With day-based trimming they are currently still quite
> big (~250K). I've hocked up the unstable/5.10/x86 feed to ceeswi on
> #opencsw nevertheless, (prefix "unstable"), let's how she likes it.

I can trim it to two weeks with a minimum entry threshold for slow
moving feeds like the dublin catalog?  We could implement the 'paged'
feeds that Trygve suggested but I'm not sure it would work nicely for
a bursty source such as this.

I'm more inclined to set a minimum number of entries to keep (so the
feed never empties) and then trim stale entries that are older than X
days.  Trimming currently happens after new entries are added but that
could happen first so that new entries are never weighted in the
minimum entry calculation?

Thoughts?

Thanks