[csw-maintainers] Solaris 11

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 9 17:49:07 CET 2011

Hi Maciej,

Am 09.11.2011 um 17:44 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński:
> 2011/11/9 Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org>:
>> Yes, I think we should support IPS in some form relatively soon.
>> No, I don't think we should start another project since there's a
>> million things in the air already.
>
> The trick will be to scale it appropriately, so we might have a small,
> but finite project that we can complete.  For example: A
> proof-of-concept IPS building, and coreutils built with it (or
> whatever package people think is the most useful).

Here is a brief list of things to do:

# Set up IPS Provisioning server
# Install new instances on T5220 and vSphere using the local probivioning server
# Install compilers and stuff
# Setup mounts and stuff from the farm
# Bootstrap with System V packages from OpenCSW
# Make IPS backend with just files
# Transform CAS to SMF
# Setup provisioning on primary mirror on pkg.opencsw.org in Erlangen
# Push targets for GAR