[csw-maintainers] MySQL 5.1 progress

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 6 09:54:23 CEST 2011

I've spent some time on MySQL-5.0 lately, fixed problems with the
shared libraries, and started looking at 5.1, since it uses an almost
identical build recipe.

There's one comical problem I can't quite figure out yet. During the install:

Setting up the database
Creating MySQL core database in /var/opt/csw/mysql/@MYSQL_BASE_VERSION@

When I look into the filesystem, the installer has indeed used
literally "/var/opt/csw/mysql/@MYSQL_BASE_VERSION@":

netra ~ # ls -l /var/opt/csw/mysql
total 3
drwx------   4 mysql    mysql          4 Oct  6 09:33 @MYSQL_BASE_VERSION@

I tried to grep for MYSQL_BASE_VERSION in the whole installdir and pkgroot:

maciej at unstable9s
:~/src/opencsw/pkg/mysql5/branches/mysql-5.1.x-optcsw > ggrep -r
MYSQL_BASE_VERSION work/solaris9-sparc/install-isa-sparcv8
work/solaris9-sparc/install-isa-sparcv8/opt/csw/include/mysql/mysql_version.h:#define
MYSQL_BASE_VERSION                "mysqld-5.1"
maciej at unstable9s
:~/src/opencsw/pkg/mysql5/branches/mysql-5.1.x-optcsw > ggrep -r
MYSQL_BASE_VERSION work/solaris9-sparc/pkgroot
work/solaris9-sparc/pkgroot/opt/csw/include/mysql/mysql_version.h:#define
MYSQL_BASE_VERSION            "mysqld-5.1"

Nothing interesting in there.  Do you have any ideas what could have
caused this?

If you want to test it out, build the
pkg/mysql5/branches/mysql-5.1.x-optcsw/ branch.  Also, binary packages
may (I'm repeatedly deleting and updating them) be available from:

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/experimental.html#mysql-5.1