[csw-maintainers] AP2_MODS in GAR

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Oct 10 05:08:46 CEST 2011

Hi Dago,

[CC'ing maintainers@ for general interest in a new and likely not
widely known GAR capability.]

As per our irc conversation the other day, enabling automatic handling
of apache2 modules in GAR is done like this:

1. Turn on AP2_MODS: AP2_MODS = 1
2. Set AP2_MODFILES to a pattern suitable for gfind[1].

To make this work for apache2's suexec module, my recipe contains:

AP2_MODS = 1
AP2_MODFILES = *suexec*.so

This passes *suexec*.so to $(GARBIN)/ap2mod_build_scripts which will
take each file returned by gfind and create a new file in
/opt/csw/apache2/ap2mod.  This new file is a script that will be
passed to the 'build' CAS at install time.  The script calls apxs with
various parameters to install the module, uninstall the module, etc.
There are values in csw.conf that are honoured for 'install but leave
disabled' giving the site admin some control of this process.

There is a similar setup for php5 modules as well.

Let me know if the package you were working on doesn't fit into this
setup for some reason as I'd like to address any issues in GAR since I
think this is a very useful centralized capability.

Thanks
-Ben

[1] There is a default, but I just noticed that I didn't update this
    after changing the way AP2_MODS worked.  The first attempt used a
    separate CAS and consumed this directly...it's now passed to gfind
    instead.  I'll fix this up shortly.