[csw-maintainers] mgar 0.94-rc1 - changes and call for testing

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Sun Oct 16 23:24:29 CEST 2011

Hi Maciej,

* Maciej (Matchek) Blizi??ski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> The newpkg functionality still doesn't work for me:
>
> maciej at login [login]:~ > ssh unstable9s
> Last login: Mon Oct  3 00:33:39 2011 from login.bo.opencs
> Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.9       Generic May 2002
> maciej at unstable9s :~ > cd src/opencsw
> maciej at unstable9s :~/src/opencsw > mgar newpkg foo
> ERROR: Template /home/maciej/src/opencsw/newpkg-Makefile not found
> Likely fix:
>   (cd /home/maciej/src/opencsw && svn up newpkg-Makefile)
> maciej at unstable9s :~/src/opencsw > (cd /home/maciej/src/opencsw && svn
> up newpkg-Makefile)
> Updating 'newpkg-Makefile':
> At revision 15838.

seems I was blind and svn didn't make it better. The notion of package
tree root has changed with mgar. Prior to mgar it was based on our
repository layout and the top level contained gar/ and pkg/. With mgar
the package tree root now _is_ the pkg/ directory.

To make a long story short, your ~/.garrc BUILDTREE currently points to
~/src/opencsw where in fact it needs to point to ~/src/opencsw/pkg.
Guess this mis-configuration slipped in during the early days of mgar
usage. [+]

Just move ~/src/opencsw/.buildsys to ~/src/opencsw/pkg/.buildsys, adjust
BUILDTREE, and you should be ready to go. There might be hickups with
newpkg, this area is subject to fixes and enhancements. Comments and
feature requests welcome.

Sebastian

[+] Funny thing here: the repo root doesn't contain newpkg-Makefile and
svn happily runs svn up on a non-existing file without complaints.