[csw-maintainers] Can we get bugs.opencsw.org & opencsw.org/bugs (redirects to Mantis)?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Mon Oct 17 14:10:56 CEST 2011

Hey Dago,

* Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Am 16.10.2011 um 12:48 schrieb Sebastian Kayser:
> > currently we have
> >
> >  opencsw.org/bugtrack
> >  opencsw.org/mantis
> >
> > as entry points to our bugtracker. Can we also get
> >
> >  bugs.opencsw.org
>
> This used to link to the "new" JIRA bugtracker until I turned the VM off.

I'd vote for changing bugs.opencsw.org into a redirect to
opencsw.org/bugs/. Otherwise, having two similar URLs point to different
systems might be confusing. If further efforts are made on
$anotherbugtracker, use opencsw.org/bugs-$anotherbugtracker.

> >  opencsw.org/bugs
>
> Should this be a redirect? Or
>   opencsw.org/bugs/id/(\d+) -> http://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=$1
>   opencsw.org/bugs/maintainer/(\s+) -> http://www.opencsw.org/buglist/maintainer.cgi?maintainer='$1'
>   opencsw.org/bugs/pkg/(\s+) -> http://www.opencsw.org/mantis/set_project.php?project_id=<id($1)>

Cool, that's a good starting point. I'd say both. opencsw.org/bugs/xxx
as redirects for specific resources (like above) plus a temporary
redirect from /bugs/ to the main $bugtracker page. With some time and
ideas, /bugs/ can be changed from a redirect to a portal or search page.

Can you access the pkg -> id mapping required for the third URL type
from the apache config or how would you implement the redirection?

Sebastian