[csw-maintainers] website does not reflect real package versions ?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Wed Oct 19 05:31:44 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński's message of Sat Oct 15 13:35:50 -0400 2011:

> > what is missing currently so the versions are
> > displayed correctly? who needs to do what? where could one help out?
>
> The effort is mainly led by Ben, who currently has the best
> understanding of the infrastructure - all the databases and the data
> flow between them.

I've written the web integration code tonight and the full run from
the original catalog (last time Phil's scripts were run) is being fed
through it right now.  It looks pretty sound so far but I'll need to
see what the logs look like tomorrow.

As previously discussed, I still need a way to get the list of files
in a package (we didn't register directories previously) and if anyone
still cares for the feature[1] the shared objects the package relies
on, but the basics should be ready to go...

Thanks
-Ben

[1] I've never used this and don't really see the point of having it
    on the website but others may.  I'd rather spend the time hacking
    it out of the web display code than jumping through hoops to keep
    it.  Feel free to chime in with an alternate viewpoint though.