[csw-maintainers] Webpage getting started

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Sat Oct 22 00:07:56 CEST 2011

* Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> looks like our webpage still doesn't direct beginners to the right page:
>
> Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:
> >
> > Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> >> It is as easy as
> >>  pkgadd -d http://get.opencsw.org/now
> >>  /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -i git
> >
> > This will save me much time with googling. Thank you.
> >
> >>  http://www.opencsw.org/get-it/pkgutil/
> >
> > I looked at www.opencsw.org but took the wrong road to "Use it"
> > rather than "Get it".

I think, William or Maciej once mentioned that they tend to scan a page
for the "Download" link. Just checked the sites of the usual NoSQL
suspects (redis, couch, mongo, ..) as a sample for current project sites
and they all have one as a main navigation item. How about renaming "Get
it" to "Download" (and "Use it" to "Documentation")?

Sebastian