[csw-maintainers] Current state of pkg feed? Integration into our front page?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Sun Oct 23 21:06:33 CEST 2011

* Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Sebastian Kayser's message of Sun Oct 23 06:32:47 -0400 2011:
> > While doing so, I noticed that our released packages feed is empty [3].
> > Could someone look after it.
>
> Now that I'm deploying stuff on www.opencsw.org, I'll move the feeds
> that I've been generating from the buildfarm over to www and hook them
> up under /feeds.

Good. Are these the ones you mentioned a couple of months ago [1]?

> If I recall, the old feed was updated by scripts Phil ran during the
> pushes.  I'm open to suggestions on how to either deprecate or replace
> the old atom feeds.  We could potentially just replace the old feed
> with one of the new ones...

Yes, use one of yours. Migration-wise, the old one is currently empty,
so I'd say, just replace it. unstable is where we push to, would IMHO
lend itself as a good replacement (redirect from the old feed URL to the
new one). Those who want specific release branch update information can
subscribe to the individual feeds.

Content-wise, the title of each feed item currently says "Updated $pkg"
or "Added $pkg", could you add the new version information to it so that
it e.g. says "Updated $pkg x.y,REV=...."? Then a stream of such titles
could go onto our frontpage.

Sebastian

[1] http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/~bwalton/