[csw-maintainers] Full package statistics via REST

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 25 16:59:35 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński's message of Tue Oct 25 04:27:23 -0400 2011:

Hi Maciej,

> It means that if you make a GET request at the REST package details
> address, you will get a JSON-serialized data structure, which
> represents everything that the buildfarm database knows about the
> package.

This is great.  I can grab the .so NEEDED info from this to recreate
the existing library usage info.  The only thing I wonder is if this
info should live at it's own REST-ful URL?  Right now, I get this data
where I need it or not and that will both increase compute time on the
server for every request and increase the data transferred.  If it
were separate, it could be had on-demand only?

What do you think.  More work than it's worth?

Thanks