[csw-maintainers] Fwd: complicated build, subversion client

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Oct 26 21:49:20 CEST 2011

Hi Rupert,

Am 19.10.2011 um 09:16 schrieb rupert THURNER:
> as the python bindings did not compile for more than 6 months, I commented them for the first try of svn-1.7. but I d have a bad feeling if we let this package further than unstable. any help to sort out that build error is greatly appreciated.

I noticed that here

       @$(INSTALL_ENV) gmake -C $(WORKSRC) install-swig-py \
               swig_pydir=$(libdir)/python2.3/libsvn \
               swig_pydir_extra=$(libdir)/python2.3/svn

the definitions of swig_pydir and swig_pydir_extra have been introduced after r12557
(the last release of CSWpythonsvn) in r14397:
  https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/14397/csw/mgar/pkg/subversion/trunk/Makefile

If I take the explicit setting of swig_* out it compiles out of the box. As the current
Python files are in /opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages the setting looks wrong anyway.
I found some postings with the error you descibed indicating that DESTDIR should be used
instead of manually fiddling with it. If the pathes need to be relocated this needs to be
done earlier during compile, not just on install.