[csw-maintainers] Full package statistics via REST

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Oct 29 11:31:36 CEST 2011

2011/10/28 Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org>:
> If there's just a single package that I am interested in (I am after the
> catalogname to md5 mapping), is there a more specific URL to grab? The
> page above takes really long to load.

Look at the URL scheme in the source code (pkgdb_web.py), it should be
easy to find out what URLs to call.

> Btw., can you navigate the REST tree to see which URLs are available?
> Like an entry page that people can easily remember (or which is added to
> buildfarm.opencsw.org) and from where one can explore features at will?

Overall, there's more md5 sums that you can reasonably fetch.  So the
idea is that you can find packages by:

- knowing the md5 sum in advance, because you have the file itself
- knowing the catalog (release name, architecture, os release version)
and the catalogname or pkgname
- knowing the catalog, and enumerating all packages belonging to it

I could also add something to enumerate the catalogs.