[csw-maintainers] Repository Woos

Maciej Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 10 13:39:11 CEST 2011

2011/9/10 Jonathan Craig <jcraig at opencsw.org>:
> Just curious if anyone else is rsync'ing a local copy of the
> repository.  At some point my rsync messed up and broke my hard links
> which caused a dramatic increase in storage requirements.  Did anyone
> else experience this?  Also, I wondered about re-swizzling the links
> so actual files are always stored in "allpackages" and everything else
> would use symlinks.  The problem is once rsync breaks your hard links
> you have to manually go through and recreate them.

I personally didn't investigate this issue yet.  All the new packages
are uploaded to allpkgs and then hardlinked, so the "one physical copy
of each file" rule should hold for anything new.  But I didn't write
any checks to verify this is actually the case.  Would you be willing
to develop / provide some sort of diagnostic and/or fixing tool for
the catalog?