[csw-maintainers] Repository Woos

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 10 22:01:06 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 10.09.2011 um 14:34 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen:
> Am 10.09.2011 um 14:25 schrieb Jonathan Craig <jcraig at opencsw.org>:
>> No problem.  Can you point me to anything that will get me started
>> understanding the existing process and will I need any additional
>> privileges (access to the master repository, etc.).  I worked up a
>> quick and dirty perl script to fix my repository that I should be able
>> to rework for the master. If the repository is held on a zfs
>> filesystem on another box it would be nice to have access to that box
>> to setup and run the process (use of zfs snaphots makes me a lot less
>> nervous about linking/unlinking a large number of files).
>
> There is already dist-hardlinkify on web which generates a shell script to fix doubles.

I adjusted the script to work on the current mirror layout:
  http://opencsw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opencsw/buildfarm/bin/dist-hardlinkify?view=markup

There really are *a lot* of not-hardlinked files. Especially "legacy" does not seem to
be linked properly. I now fixed around 10000 files with the result of that script.

BTW: We even have a package to find dupes:
  http://www.opencsw.org/packages/samefile/