[csw-maintainers] the future of pkg-get...

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Sep 11 14:56:49 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński's message of Sun Sep 11 05:32:06 -0400 2011:

> If alternatives don't work for a single package, this scenario
> sounds good. You mentioned in the other email that there could be a
> separate package with the deprecated pkg-get, but it would be an
> overkill.  The version in experimental looks good.

That was my thinking too.  Although it makes the local site have to do
more work to avoid altering scripts, providing two packages to
accommodate this is overkill, I think.  Maybe sites that need to
update scripts will choose to move those scripts to use pkgutil instead?

Thanks