[csw-maintainers] Posting on the maintainers list

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Mon Sep 19 13:46:24 CEST 2011

Ihsan,

* ??hsan Do??an <ihsan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Please use your @opencsw.org address to post on this list. If you post
> by accident with a different address, I would really appreciate it if
> you could delete your post through the Mailman web interface.

if we stick to the csw-senders-only-policy on maintainers@, how about
simply bouncing mails from non-csw email addresses (and not keeping them
for moderation)? At least if MailMan supports this.

Currently, people who send with a wrong sender address receive the
warning, realize that they got their sender address wrong, and resend
the email with the proper sender address.

With bounces, the workflow would stay the same except that there's no
waiting-for-moderation queue that needs to be taken care of. Neither by
you nor the sender.

Sebastian