[csw-maintainers] Status of svn on the buildfarm (working copy upgrade)?

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 20 16:01:18 CEST 2011

Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> what's the current status of svn on the buildfarm? I vaguely remember
>> some people having problem with the working copy upgrade with 1.7pre3.
>> Is it safe to upgrade by now? Or rather checkout a separate tree?
>
> With the pre-release (!) of 1.7 installed on the unstable build hosts
> your local repo will not work without an upgrade or a new checkout.
> Expect the upgrade to take an enormous amount of time, at least 12
> hours. I don't remember the complete checkout taking more than about 3
> hours so I would recommend that.

I have an issue with this (IMHO its not a svn problem): why is mgar so
huge? Each time I wish to approach gar based packaging I must incur
something as 16 hours of checkout/upgrade/what ever. It's so long that I
always forget what I wanted to do and I lose my motivation. Is not
possible to have a better granularity? Last time I looked there were a
lot of redundancy. Well, sorry if I misunderstood the subject.
--
Peter