[csw-maintainers] xscreensaver and libkrb4.so.2

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 8 16:07:36 CEST 2012

Hi Jeff,

> > Can xscreensaver please be repackaged to use the current library?
> > Thanks.
>
> Have you tried respinning the build recipe from Subversion? The
> package is currently orphaned, so if you care about this package,
> it's the best way to get things moving forward.

For fun, I spun this build.  It's a non-GAR recipe that Phil wrote.
Compilation is fine but I don't have stagepkg in my PATH and didn't
poke around for it.  It's likely a fairly easy update if you're
interested.

The noted discrepancy in the database isn't actually a discrepancy.
The binaries in that package do depend on libkrb4, so they're still in
the table that tracks that.  Unfortunately, nothing provides that
library any longer so there is a breakage.

If you want/need this update, I'd suggest turning it into a GAR recipe
and updating it to use the latest krb5 libs.

Thanks