[csw-maintainers] Tiers and metadata support progress

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 17 14:58:05 CEST 2012

I have made progress in the last month, but it's not there yet and
requires more work. There are also some design issues to work out. I
will try to get in done in about 3 months. When we're done, we'd
release Kiel and maybe move any further targets to Bratislava.

One question is how do we handle transition to the new mirror layout. Consider:

opencsw/dublin/sparc/5.10/catalog
opencsw/kiel/core/sparc/5.10/catalog

Is that an acceptable layout? Note that users will have to change the
URL scheme they subscribe to. I would suggest forcing users to choose
which tiers they subscribe to.

This is fine for users who subscribe to names. What about those who
subscribe to the functional names? What happens when we flip the
'testing' symlink from dublin (no tiers) to kiel (with tiers)?