[csw-maintainers] setting *FLAGS?

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Fri Apr 20 13:42:56 CEST 2012

> Sun Studio honours "const" for mangling whereas GCC does not, so the error is a result
> of the stricter checks of Sun Studio (which is IMHO a good thing).

I agree this should be tidied up, if it's just one or two cases of the
problem, I'll fix it upstream.

However, is there any flag for the compiler to behave more like gcc, in
case the problem is too tedious to fix quickly?

There are a number of issues that are simply more urgently in need of
testing and fixing (e.g. we found a hash algorithm that was broken by
the gcc optimizer on certain platforms), and so I'm keen to get a full
run of the test cases on Solaris as quickly as possible.

> After removing the "const" in the header definition compilation succeeds to another
> "const"-error which should be easy to fix.
>
> Additionally, there are some warnings which you may want to address:
>
>> "../../rutil/dns/DnsStub.hxx", line 20: Warning: Last line in file "../../rutil/dns/DnsAAAARecord.hxx" is not terminated with a newline.
>> "../../rutil/dns/DnsStub.hxx", line 21: Warning: Last line in file "../../rutil/dns/DnsCnameRecord.hxx" is not terminated with a newline.
>> "../../rutil/dns/DnsStub.hxx", line 22: Warning: Last line in file "../../rutil/dns/DnsHostRecord.hxx" is not terminated with a newline.
>> "../../rutil/dns/DnsStub.hxx", line 23: Warning: Last line in file "../../rutil/dns/DnsNaptrRecord.hxx" is not terminated with a newline.
>> "../../rutil/dns/DnsStub.hxx", line 24: Warning: Last line in file "../../rutil/dns/DnsSrvRecord.hxx" is not terminated with a newline.
>> "../../rutil/dns/RRFactory.hxx", line 5: Warning: Last line in file "../../rutil/dns/RROverlay.hxx" is not terminated with a newline.
>> "../../rutil/dns/ExternalDns.hxx", line 26: Warning: Identifier expected instead of "}".

I checked that one already, C99 permits a comma after the last element
of an enum, but it was prohibited in prior standards.

>> "../../resip/stack/DnsInterface.hxx", line 12: Warning: Last line in file "../../rutil/dns/RRVip.hxx" is not terminated with a newline.
>> 8 Warning(s) detected.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this