[csw-maintainers] mgar usage feedback : documentation

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 22 08:20:51 CEST 2012

I started the migration of my packages from personal recipes to gar
based recipes.Being still a candid with this system, I'm trying to
give you my feedback in hope to clarify and enhance its usage.

The first step was to read the documentation.

It's a little bit scattered: our main site, SourceForce, Wikidot. I
managed to use my first recipe without pain excepting the looooong mgar
up --all. I think that showing how to extract specific recipes is
better but I'll come back on this issue later.

The manual page and the local documentation, i.e., that installed by the
mgar package, is quite sketchy. In my opinion, it's a good thing to have
a complete local documentation which reflects the content of the
centralized one.

--
Peter