[csw-maintainers] gar, checkpkg and subversion ... bratislava?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 22 22:32:11 CEST 2012

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński's message of Sun Apr 22 14:36:33 -0400 2012:

> Very cool idea to clean the environment. Perhaps we could add the
> env cleaning idiom to our porting FAQ? (for the lack of a better
> place)

That's probably a good place to note it.

Something else to consider might be to have GAR ensure that the
environment is always clean instead of only during the important
phases.  A change to explicit export for all values.

This might be most easily accomplished by having mgar invoke gmake
as /usr/bin/env -i /opt/csw/gmake.

This switch would likely break a few recipes that have implicit
dependencies on values from the environment that the maintainer likely
doesn't even realize.  I found several of these assumptions in my own
recipes after the switch Dago implemented to see configure/build/test
run in a clean environment.

Thoughts?

Thanks