[csw-maintainers] new pkg old libs?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 25 14:42:22 CEST 2012

Hi Carsten,

Am 25.04.2012 um 14:20 schrieb Carsten Grzemba:
> is it still a valid way to provide old libs via a tarball file like files/old_libs_s.tar.gz, even though there are now separate lib packages?
> The old package containig the lib will now obsoleted by the base package.
> e.g:
> the active version CSWnetsnmp contains the whole stuff
>
> the new version is splited in CSWnetsnmp, CSWlibnetsnmp25, ...
> and there are old lib's used by other packages lib...so.10 and lib..so.15

This is valid, yes. But as netsnmp does not have that many dependencies we should just
rebuild them for the upcoming release:

- 389 rebuild from you :-)
- cyrus_impad from Rafi
- mbrowse either rebuild or drop
- ntp rebuild from James
- php rebuild from Ben

Just let me know when you have finished a new CSWnetsnmp with split libs and
without legacy libs, put it in /home/experimental/netsnmp, I'll install it then
on testing* and we can rebuild the upper packages against it, put it also in
experimental and upload the whole bunch at once.