[csw-maintainers] rpath nigthmare

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 26 10:58:39 CEST 2012

Hi Carsten,

Am 26.04.2012 um 10:54 schrieb Carsten Grzemba:
> if I build netsnmp I have trouble to get useful search paths for so objects in the libs.
>
> If I leave the '-L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST -R/opt/csw/lib' in LDFLAGS of mgar modenv, then it builds all.
>
> But in build python module I get the damaged search path /opt/csw/SALIST and the wrong/old libs...so.15  from /opt/csw/lib is used.

This is because LDFLAGS is passed via shell and the variable is evaluated a different
number of times in the main and the module build. This cannot be solved with LDFLAGS, but
only via LD_OPTIONS or alternatively skip $ISALIST completely. It is just an optimization.
Just say
  NOISALIST = 1
for now. IIRC LD_OPTIONS was also not possible as this prefers installed libraries always
before newly build ones.