[csw-maintainers] checkpkg issues with last openssl build

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Apr 27 15:31:30 CEST 2012

Hi Yann,

Am 27.04.2012 um 15:00 schrieb Yann Rouillard:
> The old 0.9.7 libraries are pre-compiled, I didn't re-compile them since some time.
> I would rather drop these old libraries, there are not supported by upstream anymore and there are only four package still linked to 0.9.7:

> jabberd

IIRC we tried to rebuild it but it prove to be difficult and not
supported by upstream anyway as it was not meant to be distributed
as binary. Or am I mixing things up here?

> conserver

This should probably be rebuild.

> libpq

Rafi: Do you think we can drop this?

> anjuta

Maciej: I guess this can be dropped.

> (see https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/search.php?project_id=0&search=0.9.7&sticky_issues=on&sortby=last_updated&dir=DESC&hide_status_id=90 )
>
> > * Unused Override: CSWossldevel: surplus-dependency CSWlibssl-dev
> > * Unused Override: CSWosslutils: archall-devel-package
> > * Unused Override: CSWossl: archall-devel-package
> > * Unused Override: CSWosslrt: archall-devel-package
> >
> > These ones are automatically added by "OBSOLETED_BY" macros, I could stop using the macro but I would rather have the macro fixed so it doesn't trigger checkpkg warnings.
>
> This is normal and they are safe to ignore - that's why they are warnings instead of errors.
> The reason is that the automatic rules just override errors which can occur without checking
> if they occur (this would require checking code inside the obsoletion which is only done at a
> much later stage).
>
> Are these overrides still useful in some case ?

Yes, that's why they are in there :-)