[csw-maintainers] checkpkg issues with last openssl build

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 30 09:11:58 CEST 2012

2012/4/27 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>

> Hi Yann,
>
> Am 27.04.2012 um 15:00 schrieb Yann Rouillard:
> > The old 0.9.7 libraries are pre-compiled, I didn't re-compile them since some time.
> > I would rather drop these old libraries, there are not supported by upstream anymore and there are only four package still linked to 0.9.7:
>
> > jabberd
>
> IIRC we tried to rebuild it but it prove to be difficult and not
> supported by upstream anyway as it was not meant to be distributed
> as binary. Or am I mixing things up here?
>
> > conserver
>
> This should probably be rebuild.
>
> > libpq
>
> Rafi: Do you think we can drop this?

There's a number of reverse dependencies.

aide Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment
courier_auth Generic authentication API for Courier mail services
dovecot Secure IMAP server
exim The Exim Mail Transfer Agent
libpqxx C++ client API for PostgreSQL. Supersedes older libpq++ interface.
nagios_plugins plugins for nagios
php5_pdopgsql The pdopgsql extention for PHP5
php5_pgsql The pgsql extention for PHP5

By the way, how is the new PHP linked against the old libpq while the
new one is already in place?

pm_dbdpg DBD-Pg: PostgreSQL database driver for the DBI module
postgresqlcontrib utilities not part of the core PostgreSQL distribution
pypgsql A Python DB-API 2.0 interface to PostgreSQL v7.x
py_psycopg2 Psycopg2 is a PostgreSQL adapter for Python
sasl_sql Cyrus Simple Authentication and Security Layer SQL Binding

At least some of them look like they can be rebuilt.

> > anjuta
>
> Maciej: I guess this can be dropped.

Done.