[csw-maintainers] Solaris 10 revision suppport?

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 30 13:29:04 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:21 PM, James Lee <james at opencsw.org> wrote:
> + (suggestion) pkgutil to check the OS update in addition to
>   checkinstall.   checkinstall is the correct place but pkgutil can
>   provides early detections and prevent a failed partial update.

I'm all for that but I just want to clear up a thing first. Isn't the
update releases just rollups of patches (and being able to
boot/install new hardware)?

My question for the implementation is: should I not look for specific
patch levels instead of the update level? Wouldn't a fully patched U4
system be just fine?

/peter