[csw-maintainers] libserf 1.0 --> libserf 1.1

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Aug 12 21:33:20 CEST 2012

Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Sun Aug 12 06:08:00 -0400 2012:

Hi Rupert,

> recently a new minor version 1.1 of libserf got released. what would
> be the procedure to include this in the opencsw package catalog?

You can build and push it like normal as it will have a different name
which allows it to coexist with the old version. The dev package will
see new build s done against the new version while the old version
will only be available for runtime.  The only time this would be bad
is if it's likely to end in a situation like openssl where multiple
versions might be simultaneously used at runtime.  In the case of
libserf, this isn't likely, but I could be wrong.

Thanks