[csw-maintainers] openssh client binds to a newest libc.so.1

Jan Holzhueter jh at opencsw.org
Sat Aug 18 11:52:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 18.08.12 10:16, schrieb Yann Rouillard:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Ok this problem happened only on sparc (for now).
> I build a new package linked against an older interface of libc.so but
> it would be better to agree on the maximum version.
> Does someone know the interface version available on the first release
> of Solaris 10 ?
>
> I used the following
> mapfile: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/openssh/trunk/files/map.openssh?rev=19006
> Changes are
> here: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/18999/csw/mgar/pkg/openssh/trunk
>
> I suppose all of our packages could suffer from the same problem so we
> should probably enable some kind of global mapfile.

yes we should use a global mapfile.
Dago did start to hack one a while back I don't know the state though.

I don't think we should go back all the way to Solaris 10 GA but use
something like
Update 5 as the baseline.

I do suggest this do to libresolv2 having it's last bump at update 5.

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/lib/libresolv2/common/mapfile-vers

The libc mapfile is here:

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/lib/libc/port/mapfile-vers

The commends are not so good be the one you choose is probably ok.

2.2.7 is missing do to beeing closed source.

So I would go back on libc to version 2.2.3 or 2.2.2.

Going back to Solaris 10 GA interface I don't know if that would not
brake some builds.

Or we build a dynamic map file where we could define the Version in the
Makefile to bump it up if it does not build.

Greetings
Jan