[csw-maintainers] checkpkg for builds spanning on 2 or more days (again)

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 5 16:09:02 CET 2012

Hi Peter,

Am 05.12.2012 um 08:53 schrieb pfelecan at opencsw.org:
> Still getting this error when the packaging process spans more than 2 days!
>
> A lot of energy spent to fail for this kind of reason.
>
> Please don't tell me to do it manually as I have 96 packages…

This is finally fixed in r19819:
  https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/19819

After all the solution was quite easy, but I didn't see it before: just put
the filename statically in the gspec describing the build to mkpackage.
The filename from there is also taken for checkpkg, so it should work
without problems now.

I always pumped up my head on how to pass environment variables between
subinvocations, which is indeed not trivial.

Just let me know how it goes.