[csw-maintainers] www-mockup

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Dec 9 21:53:39 CET 2012

Ok, done.  I've moved the original htdocs to htdocs.orig.  I had to
quickly stub out a bit of code that sorted SunOS5.x strings by the x
as I guess I used some newer php convention that www-mockup didn't
like.  I'll fix that later so that 5.8 sorts before 5.11. You can poke
at what I've done for now though.

Larger items remaining:

1. Pull a list of maintainers over REST and implement /maintainers/
functionality.
2. Add dependency info.
3. Add shared library info.

The approach I've taken so far is to remain as close as possible to
the old browser while adding multi-catalog viewing.  We'll need to
extend the REST interface if we'd like to add things like a drill-down
from a full catalog list, etc.  (...or cache more info in the local
db.)  I think we'll need to extend the REST interface regardless so
this shouldn't be seen as a large hurdle.  The key as far as extending
the REST interface is that there are things that are currently quite
slow to do and those would be noticed by the user...that's why we
cache the list of packages across all catalogs in the DB, for example.

Comments?

Thanks
-Ben