[csw-maintainers] Solaris 8 packages in named releases

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 26 10:26:55 CET 2012

This is now done. I dropped all Solaris 8 packages from the unstable
catalog, and integrated the change into kiel, so both keil and
unstable are now free from Solaris 8 packages.

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/catalogs/unstable-sparc-SunOS5.8/
http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/catalogs/unstable-i386-SunOS5.8/

I also updated the README file on the mirror site, removing a
reference to the 'current' catalog. In the 'current' directory is now
empty, except for information that this now a dead catalog.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/current/

I also updated the 'Release branches' page, shortening it and adding
the current recommendations.
http://www.opencsw.org/get-it/releases/

One complicating factor is that 'dublin' should currently be the
'stable' catalog, but it isn't. So for productions systems, we need to
recommend subscribing to it as to a named release.

The 'releases' directory has not been updated for a long time now.

http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/releases/stable/

Maintainers, how do you feel about it, is it helping, or is it adding
to confusion?