[csw-maintainers] Inconsistency on package database

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 23 14:41:11 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 23.02.2012 um 14:32 schrieb Dagobert Michelsen:
> I just found an ugly inconsistency in the web database: If you look at the
> dependencies of the Hobbit package at
>  http://www.opencsw.org/packages/hobbit/
> you see four dependencies:
>  chkconfig	A system tool for maintaining the /etc/rcX.d hierarchy.
>  common	Installs some useful standard CSW filesystem symlinks and files
>  fping		fping is a ping(1) like program accepting any number of hosts on the command line and producing outp
>  pcre		Perl-compatible regular expression tools
>
> When you disassemble the package you see some more:
>
> dam at login [login]:/home/dam/tmp/CSWhobbit/install > more depend
> P CSWcommon      common - common files and dirs for CSW packages
> P CSWrrd         rrdtool - Round Robin Database graphing tool
> P CSWfping       fping - ping(1) replacement, optimised for scripting.
> P CSWoldaprt     openldap_rt - OpenLDAP runtime libraries
> P CSWpng         png - library for Portable Network Graphics format (PNG)
> P CSWpcre        pcre - Perl-compatible regular expression library
> P CSWossl        openssl - The Open Source toolkit for SSL and TLS.
> P CSWchkconfig   chkconfig - Tool for maintaining the /etc/rcX.d hierarchy.
> P SUNWcsu        Core Solaris, (Usr)
> P SUNWcsl        Core Solaris, (Shared Libs)
>
> While the SUNW deps can be safely ignored by the package database the missing
> deps to the other packages is really bad: these are obsoleted packages
> transformed to _stub which are no longer in the package database.
> I think either the display needs to be adjusted to view by what it has been obsoleted
> or the stub packages need to be re-added to the database.

One more thing: the bugs associated with an obsoleted package like samba_common are
still in the bugtracker, but are no longer visible for the maintainer by showing the
maintainer bug status as the obsoleted package is not associated with the maintainer
although it was built in the batch. See again samba_common for my bug report page:
  http://www.opencsw.org/buglist/maintainer.cgi?maintainer='dam'
and in the toplist of all bugs:
  http://www.opencsw.org/buglist/buglist.cgi